The most wonderful time of the year is fast approaching and SmartLinx wants to be sure it is holly, jolly and bright for you and your company!
Here are some helpful hints to assist you in preparing for the W2 season and ensure you do not end up making last minute purchases during crunch time.
- Order pre-printed W2 stock. When ordering, we suggest you allow for 10%-25% more stock for testing and reprints.
- We currently support two W2 formats (which are available from a number of vendors):
- MW1287 PS Employee 4Up (a self-sealing format)
We have put together a video tutorial to help walk you through the setup, creation and generation of W2s within the payroll application.
SmartLinx users can access this video in our Knowledge Base library (account required): How-To Setup and Generate W2’s.
- You may also review How-To Prepare for Year-End as a soft guideline for making your list and checking it twice.
- As regulatory guidelines are released regarding deduction limits, you can review our Knowledge Base article: How-To Update Deduction Limits to prepare for these changes.
Should you need additional guidance after reviewing these items, our dedicated Support Team will be available to assist you.